We’ve read many articles recently about difficulties which have financially stretched families and we’ve seen the way many people have rushed to help by donating to Givealittle accounts.
This really brings to mind the question of financial security. Have you ensured your future is secure?
Would you and your family be financially covered if something unexpected occurred, particularly if it cut off your means to earn?
We all like to think that the worst won’t happen to us but, nevertheless, we take out some insurance just in case the unthinkable happens. Yet, often, we haven’t really considered just
what we would need to meet our commitments.
For example, often people who have taken cover in conjunction with a mortgage have later realised that, if left to rely on one wage, their cover wouldn’t go the distance and they
might be forced to sell their home. Even then, they might not be left in a secure financial position.
The good news is, that it’s possible to have adequate security without necessarily paying much more than at present. A few tweaks to an existing cover is likely to put you in a
more secure financial position! A good advisor will help you choose insurance cover that meets your needs and fits within your budget.
If you’re unsure whether your current cover will prove enough in the event of the unexpected, give us a call and we will come out and go through it with you – all completely free of charge!
If you prefer to ‘do it yourself’ through online providers here are some questions to consider:
• Will your life insurance cover all debts?
• Does it provide for funeral costs, your children’s education and back-up for ongoing costs/future events?
• If your partner works part time will his/her income cover living costs or will he/she need to work more?
• If your partner needs to work longer hours to cover outgoings/ debt will he/she earn enough to also cover added after school or day care if needed?
• If the main earner in the house is out of work due to sickness/ disability are mortgage outgoings and loss of income covered?
For those considering medical cover, a major insurer has introduced an affordable option to cover specialist costs and diagnostic tests as an alternative to full medical cover if the
latter doesn’t fit your budget.
Having the right cover means you can spend time with your family and loved ones when something goes wrong without worrying about your finances!
-Supplied by Alina Hooper – Insurance Director, Be Covered.
0508 Be Covered or 021 297 1391