Guests stepped back in time last month for a live day and the re-opening of the newly restored Eckford’s Farm Homestead at the Howick Historical Village.
The original four-room house was built for Thomas Eckford at Maraetai in 1851. It was donated to the historical society in 1977 by Graham Strachan, son of a former owner.
Following the official ceremony guests adjourned to Bell House for refreshments
where photographer CHRISTEL KELLY MOORE joined them.